With the emergence of organoids as a potential alternative to model human tissue, interest in how these three-dimensional (3D) structures reacts to its environment is growing among research and biopharma-ceutical community. The development of innovative organoid based research or organoid-based therapies demands accurate and significant higher throughput organoid-based experiments that can accurately capture the physiology of these 3D struc-tures. The Castor S1 is a high-throughput image analyzer that enables high-content analysis of thousands of organoids simultaneously. It is equipped with advanced optical technologies with Z-scanning feature, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) based image recognition algorithms, ensuring high quality images and accurate image processing for confident results. Robust software with intuitive user interface provides comprehensive suite of data analysis tools, simplifying data review of large data set. The Countstar Castor S1 is the ideal platform for many high-throughput organoid-based assays, including features to perform tailored applications, such as organoid culture quality, drug-response test, organoid viability, and cytotoxicity analysis for co-culture assay with immune cells.
- Advanced optical technology allows capturing clear and sharp images in the entire well area ensures accuracy. Peltier-cooled 10MP CMOS high resolution camera, 4.0x and 10.0x high NA objective and a laser-based autofocus system, ensures sharp image acquisition in any situation.
- Dual fluorescence channels (Ex480/30nm – Em535/40nm (green); Ex540/25nm – Em620/60nm (red)) dramatically expand application scope than bright field only platforms.
- Z-stack imaging and projection features to capture all organoid grown on 3D matrigels allowing phenotyping each organoid grown on matrigels.
- AI-based, highly customisable image analysis algorithms improve image processing accuracy.
- Broad consumable compatibility with common 6-384 well plates, petri dish, culture flask, and slide provides significant time saving and optimum flexibility.
- Easy to use, and complaint-ready software meets FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.
- Possible integration with various automation platforms further increases through-put.