Broadcast Date: November 1, 2023
Time: 8:00 am PT, 11:00 am ET, 17:00 CET
Recent advances in organoid technology have opened the possibility of revolutionizing basic research, drug discovery and development, and patient treatment. In drug discovery, organoids are a viable alternative to animal models for high-throughput screening assays. For example, scientists have explored the feasibility of using patient-derived organoids to develop and test personalized treatments for some cancer subtypes. However, broad adoption of organoids in drug discovery studies still faces many challenges, such as inconsistent quality, poor yield, slow data acquisition, and inaccurate data processing.
In this GEN webinar, two organoid experts, Dr. Kai Chen at ALIT Biotech and Dr. Kangxin He at Zhejiang University, will discuss optimal strategies for high-throughput drug screening using patient-derived organoids. The experts will share their insights on several key topics:
- Achieving high-quality, high-yield, and reproducible organoid culture using a perfusion-enabled organoid culture system.
- Accelerated 3D organoid imaging to complete a 96-well plate in less than four minutes.
- Accurate identification and characterization of various organoids through AI-powered image processing algorithms.
- Management of cancer patient derived organoids.
- Practical considerations in organoid-based high-throughput drug screening.
A live Q&A session will follow the presentation, offering you a chance to pose questions to our expert panelists.